Friday, March 23, 2018

Altenew Academy Project #9...

Hi! Today's card is based on the things I learnt from the Seasonal Scene Building class by Nicole Magouirk. 


I started with two cream panels. I diecut both with stitched dies. I also cut a window in the smaller one and traced it out lightly with a pencil on the larger panel. I used the balloon stamp from the Birthday Greetings stamp set and inked just the edges with some Altenew ink. After stamping, I used a damp brush to pull the color in. This gives a lovely transparent effect to the color. I have tried it before with distress inks, you can check out the card here. To my delight it worked as well with Altenew inks. The trick is to dry the ink completely before starting with the next color. That gives you the overlap effect. Otherwise the two colors mix and create a muddy mess. 

I outlined the balloons with a black pen. I also added some more details with metallic inks. Here is a closer look at the balloons.


I stamped the sentiment with Jet Black ink below the window and popped up the panel on the larger panel. I mounted the whole thing on a kraft card base.

I hope you liked my card. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Love,
Nandini

2 comments: