Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Altenew Academy Project #4...

Hi! I have been busy trying to finish my work for the Altenew Educator Certification. The courses are really great. And it is fun to put the concepts to work.

Today's card is based on the Clean & Simple Boutique Cards conducted by Jennifer Rzasa. It is a great course with loads of tips for adding that extra special touch to your cards.

Here is my card using a few of ideas from this course.


The starting point of this card was the beautiful pattern paper that I discovered in my local paper shop. I love the ornate design and the gold accents, which unfortunately didn't photograph well.

Since the paper is rather thin, I glued it to a piece of scrap paper. I used the Banner die by Itsy Bitsy to cut the banners. I also used circle dies to cut a gold frame for the window. The sentiment is from the Painted Greetings set by Altenew. I stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed with glittery red EP by Wow! 

I couldn't resist adding the shaker element which makes the card extra festive. The sequins are from my stash.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

CAS On Sundays Challenge #128 - Celebration with sequins:

HLS March Anything Goes with Dies:



TIME OUT Challenge #104:
I used red which is probably the strongest and boldest color in the color wheel! And combined it with gold.


Love,
Nandini

5 comments:

  1. Love your use of shaker element! Great job on using the pattern paper! This truly is gorgeous yet stays CAS! Beautiful work, Nandini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant design - and that DP is just gorgeous - I can imagine how the gold flecks must look in real life! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday!
    Mariken DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. what a wonderful card Nandini..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shaker card!!
    Thank you for joining us for this months challenge at Happy Little Stampers.All the best.
    Hugs
    Seemaa
    https://icraftpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete